There are hundreds of facial rejuvenation procedures available on the market. From laser treatments to injections, chemical peels and even skin grafts, patients can be overwhelmed when trying to decide which facial rejuvenation procedure best suits their needs.
Here, Dr Derrick Gale of Gale Facial Plastics in Utah takes a look at some of the more popular procedures and helps you decide which treatment is best suited to your needs.
How to choose a facial rejuvenation procedure
The first step towards selecting an appropriate facial rejuvenation procedure is to pinpoint exactly what it is you are dissatisfied with about your face.
There are many facial aesthetic concerns patients can have. These include (but are not limited to);
- Fine lines
- Sunken features
- Sagging skin
- Sunspots, age spots, or other skin blemishes
- Scaly, dry, rough skin
Regardless of which concerns you have, there is an appropriate facial rejuvenation procedure for you. Identifying which combination of the above is bothering you will give you a starting point to decide what is the best solution.
Different types of facial rejuvenation procedures
By and large, there are four different categories of facial rejuvenation. These are:
- Lotions and serums. Lotions and serums are fantastic solutions for the early onset of dry skin and for exfoliating, cleansing and hydrating the skin. Plastic surgeons often recommend these products as part of a longer-term skincare routine which aims to prolong a patients’ youthful, vibrant skin.
- A staple in facial rejuvenation, injectables include anything from Botox to lip injections. These products are fast, affordable solutions to many problems such as the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines and sunken features.
- Laser treatments. Laser treatments can do away with old, damaged skin and encourage the growth of new, healthy tissue. Deep scars, acne scars, skin blemishes and age spots are all ideal candidates for a laser treatment.
- The most extensive facial rejuvenation solutions are the surgeries. Including a rhinoplasty, facelift, eyelid lift and chin augmentation, these procedures are designed to give stunning, long-lasting results.
Each of these solutions is increasingly invasive and extensive. However, the rule of thumb is the more significant the procedure, the more significant and long-lasting the results. You will want to take into account the required recovery time for each procedure when choosing the best approach for you.
Facial Rejuvenation in Riverton and Salt Lake City, Utah
Facial rejuvenation is one of your best options when it comes to prolonging your youthful, confident appearance. We understand that choosing the best procedure for your needs can be daunting, which is why we encourage you to arrange a commitment-free consultation with Dr Gale by calling 801 506-6344 or by filling out his online form.