Volume loss – especially around the cheeks, midface, and temples – is a frustrating hallmark of aging our patients wish to address. Fine or deeper lines not caused by muscular movement are also prevalent concerns.
Dermal fillers are injectable products that provide volume to the desired region, thus helping you achieve a more youthful, vibrant, robust facial appearance.
In this article, Dr. Gale looks at the different types of dermal fillers and recommends different styles according to various aesthetic concerns.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
As you age, you will experience a reduction in muscle mass and a downward shift in fatty deposits in some areas of your face, causing you to lose contour and shape. Due to a decline in natural collagen production, your skin will begin drooping, and this lost elasticity can create the sunken or hollow appearance associated with an aging face.
Dermal fillers offer the solution to multiple concerns, with no need for stitches, surgery, or a long recovery period. When a specialist injects them into strategic locations, they provide immediate volume to sunken cheeks and hollow temples and smooth out lines in different areas.
Dermal filler materials primarily include collagen, hyaluronic acid, and hyaluronan.
- Collagen: Used to eliminate deep lines, particularly between the eyes and around the nose (nasolabial folds). Also beneficial for volumizing larger areas, such as the cheeks.
- Hyaluronic acid: Useful for treating more delicate lines, mainly radiating from the eyes and corners of the mouth.
- Hyaluronan: Beneficial for filling out deep acne scars and smoothing out the skin surface.
In customizing your treatment plan, Dr. Gale may recommend combining different filler materials and consistencies to provide you with ideal solutions to your concerns..
Dermal Fillers in Riverton, UT
Are you experiencing any of these issues?
- Gaunt cheeks
- Hollow temples
- Radiating lines from your eyes
- Lines at the side of your mouth
- Folds around the tip of your nose
- Lines between your eyes at the bridge of your nose
Our dermal fillers can provide you with smoother, line-free facial skin and features. Dr. Gale specializes in facial rejuvenation, and as such, is in one of the best positions to guide you toward a procedure that will fulfill your needs and desires. To receive treatment from one of the most advanced surgeons in the field, please call us at (801) 506-6344 or fill out this online form today.